Sun Kissed Sky

Sun Kissed Sky
The sunrise kissed clouds by our house

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Separation of Heads, Hands, and Feet

The reasons that I loved my mini van are becoming even more solidified in my mind now that I don't have one and I am stuck in a small car.  We have only been all squished in the car twice now and both times it has been for a long drive (long being an hour and about 15-25 minutes) and I hate it.  I find myself praying for my tax money so that I can buy a new van!!!  The boys usually sit separated.  My hubby and I sit up front, Pumpkin sits in the middle by himself, Monkey sits by the door in the back and Mr. A sits by the window in the back so that there is a whole middle seat between them.  There is no touching aloud!! 

Sure my dreams of my children riding in the car with each other in the beginning were beautiful.  A sweet Mr. A would loving play with his little brother and they would be best friends in the car but as baby Monkey was sleeping Mr. A would poke him and plug his nose (he was only two and a half at the time) so I began separating them in our little KIA as best I could.  When baby Pumpkin arrived we had bought a van for him.  There was no way the three car seats would fit in our car.  So I thought the kids could now sit together....do we ever learn?  The two older boys began fighting.  'He's touching my car seat!', 'he's poking me', 'he's putting his head on me', 'mom he's kicking me', 'mom he won't stop breathing on me', and so many other variations of personal space violation over load that I had to once again separate them.   Bye -bye dreams of brotherly entertainment.  I should have know seeing as how I myself have three brothers and three sisters but I thought it would be different crickets should go off right now at my ignorance with child behavior. 

I was on this awful trip (children behavior wise) today to take hubby to a meeting and then find something to do while we wait when I began to feel the overwhelming frustration with the kids.  It suddenly brought me to the Israelites and how they did nothing but complain.  No matter what God did for them they just found something else to complain about.  Just like today's "Boys hands off of each other", "but mom he's breathing on me", Monkey look towards the window and stop panting on your brother", "mom now his butt is squishing me", there is no fixing this it just becomes something else.  God must have felt that way when he decided to let the Israelites wander in the desert for forty years.  He must have seen the endless years of complaining and whining and said 'hey, no, I am not doing this, when you guys have been wandering and learned your lesson then we will see.  Catch ya in forty years.  Yes they did more than whine they also worshiped Idols, and disobeyed at every turn but I really think the whining was more than enough to drive God to discipline his people I'm just saying :). 

I hope that I do find a van shortly and can once again regain peace ahhh peace.  I will never complain about have a van again!!  I will thank God for it everyday!  Catch me if you see me complaining because I'm going to work on thankfulness.  Starting with I am thankful to have the car we have right now because without we wouldn't be able to go to the doctor's or our friends birthday party that we went to today.  I am thankful because I am willing to learn and grow from the things that happen in my life.  I am thankful because I am.  I am thankful that I have my children and that they are healthy and even have the ability to argue.  I am thankful for my hubby.  I am thankful.  I will continue to think on these things and find something to be thankful everyday and to stop complaining so much :)

Thanks for reading!  What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I loved your post. I know those struggles and you will get through them. I always forget to be thankful for what I have, too. Thanks for the reminder. I'm thankful that my teens do not have their own cars because then I would never see them. lol
    Stopping in to say HI and welcome to The Product Review Place. I'm your newest blog follower. Stop over and say HI at Susieqtpies Scraps of Life!

    oh and we homeschool, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know that your here :)