Sun Kissed Sky

Sun Kissed Sky
The sunrise kissed clouds by our house

Friday, February 4, 2011

Homework and the Yard

Mr. A did so well with his school work today he actually had time to go play outside twice woot.  Somedays are more of a drag and he takes forever to do any of his work but today I think he finally realized that he would get to play outside if he got it done fast.  We did some work and then I sent him and Monkey outside to play.  They were down in the horse arena playing in the sand until lunch time when  I called them up for toasted PB&J's.  Pumpkin ate two of them and then wanted more I couldn't believe it!  Is he growing or what?  After lunch I sent the little ones down for a nap and they went so easy.  Mr. A got back to work and then was done for the day so when his brothers got up we all went outside in the backyard.  I got out our new gardening gloves and we pulled the grass and weeds out of the yard...you might be wondering at that I know it might sound weird but part of our yard is covered in rocks I'm not sure why but I think it's because of the rattlers and other pest we have out here.  It makes it easier to see them anyways.  We didn't get to far though because the children kept getting distracted and then I began cutting the rose bushes we have out there.  I got one stuck in my arm where the thorns were each spread out so I had to stretch my skin to get it out and that hurt Pumpkin came to my rescue and yelled at the thorns saying "bad choice, no, don't hurt my momma!!"  It was very cute and then he asked me if I was ok I love that kid.  Soon after that we went inside and Hubby made us a turkey meatloaf.  It was very different and good. 

Thats most of our day in a nutshell.

P.S. Yesterday after Mr. A's choir class we stopped by a natural store and got some pineapple-strawberry dried fruit (it looks like red pineapple I don't know how they do it unless they soak the pineapple in strawberry juice) they are so good I am getting addicted!  I can't wait to get some more.

P.S.S. I found some really good ideas at another homeschool blog and I can't wait to get to a store and buy a poster board I'll show you what I mean as soon as I make it it's going to be a great addition to our school days :) and I'll provide the link to her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know that your here :)