Sun Kissed Sky

Sun Kissed Sky
The sunrise kissed clouds by our house

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Screamed Like a Girl

A cell phone picture of the workers 


Okay so it's not surprising at all
I am a girl
after all right?
What would you do?
So here's the story
I went to my mom's house
which is pretty much the only place I can go since I'm sick
and we were painting her dining room when suddenly there was a loud BOOOM
Everything went out in the house
at the same time and the
house filled with a blue light and then
the power came back on.  
The kids came pounding down the stairs
scared out of their minds.
I went into the living room to look out the front window 
to see what was going on
when it happened again.
The second boom wasn't as loud and yet it still caused
me to duck like I am used to being 
bombed our something 
(it really was that loud)
and I saw blue sparks and a bright blue light coming 
from behind the tree in my parents yard.
I called the power company
and while I was on the phone with them a 
fire truck arrived.
I directed them to the tree where we saw a branch on the power lines.
I was still on the porch away from the tree and to worried to go any closer but my hubby did
and they didn't seem to worried until the next minute when it 
sparked again and expletives came out of their mouths.
A simple branch is really
what caused this all.
We were all standing on the porch (not the kids just adults)
while this happened and my
mother and I screamed like little
girls and I did my slight duck again
(seriously have I been in a war zone or what?)
I had been looking directly at the branch showing my mom how it was on fire a little
when it had gone off and now 
my vision had a huge black blob in it and it was hard to see.
Several minutes later my vision came back but
not until after 
Pumpkin came running at me as I came in the door he had short bursts of screaming and 
grasped at me while climbing up me
and clinging for dear life.
Every noise it made he screams and little tears came down his 
cheeks.
The firefighters eventually got together with the police and power company and got the branch down.
As we came back in
we heard some barking.
My mom's little dog was under the couch and not coming out.
A little coaxing later and she stopped barking and crawled out to us.
It was more than a little scary the kids are all sleeping together and it's taking awhile.
They are scared and don't 
want to go into the dark alone.
Seriously all because of a little branch that got in the wrong place.

Just thought I'd share this with you tonight.  

I hope your day went well and no power arcings at your home!

P.S. Pumpkins appointment with his allergy shots went well and he was brave just cried a little.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know that your here :)