Sun Kissed Sky

Sun Kissed Sky
The sunrise kissed clouds by our house

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Purge and Clean

Pumpkin is healing up nicely.  We are fully back into school.
I have been going though my homeschool books and thinning them down
I have a good collection but they are 
all older books that were either handed down to me,
I purchased them at thrift stores,
of got off of free tables
at our group meetings.
It's really hard to get rid of them though
because with the two boys coming behind Mr. A
I don't know what they will like yet or what will work with them
and so I find myself keeping things just in case.
I don't have to much room for just in case
so I think I'll need to go through them again.
The boys are excited to have some new books to work through though since I
found some that I want to add to their daily routine.
We are now going to be working through
a science book,
doing our bible time, 
a history book,
and Mr. A is going to be doing grammar and sentence work.
I also found Mr. A some 
creative writing work books that I hope he enjoys and
that they really help him work out writing
for himself.

Today we are going to be doing our school work, finishing up going through the books so I can
bring some to give away at tonights meeting, folding laundry mounds,
mopping, and general cleaning because we have
our first book club meeting here 
on the 10th!  We have four or five families coming
and we are really excited.
Even if one shows up I think it will be worth it.
We read How to Eat Fried Worms for 
our first book
and I have some fun things to go along with it!
This is our first attempt at starting a book club in my whole life I've never even been to one before
so I'm hoping it goes well!

What have you been up to?

Mommaraff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know that your here :)