Sun Kissed Sky

Sun Kissed Sky
The sunrise kissed clouds by our house

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Review: Spanish For You! Estaciones


I reviewed Spanish for You!  Estaciones.  (if you click on Estaciones it will take you to a sample page)  It's for third through eighth grade and an easy introduction to 
Spanish.  I received a paperback teachers book and then downloadable audio files and pdf's.  
I am so thankful for the audio files since I know nothing about Spanish at all.  
One problem I noticed with the downloads is that they come in a jumble and I had to search through them to find what I needed for the lessons but the author has assured us that it's all taken care of now and easier to download too.
I actually used the audio with all three of my boys Pumpkin being only four had a little bit of a hard time but it was fun to hear him try to say them.  As for the writing and flashcards I used those primarily with my nine year old Mr. A.  We are actually going to go back over the book and start all over and I plan on making smaller flashcards and putting them on a book ring so I can throw them my bag and take them with me so we can review them on the go.

There is a ton of information in the book and the audio.  I would play the audio for the common phrases and read from the book what they meant and have the boys repeat them back to me.  We tried to use them through out the day but I had a hard time remembering them so when we go through the book again I'm going to use some little cards and stick the words around the house so we can remember to use them having the flashcards on the rings to bring with us will really help with that activity too.

Speaking of activities there are actually three pages in the teacher book with ideas of games and activities you can do.  A lot of the games need two or more players but that was okay because I played with my son and I needed the practice anyways.  I love being able to learn along side my children it's one of the joys of homeschooling.  Can I really speak Spanish right now?  Not really but it's more my fault than the books so that's the reason we are going through it yet again. 

There are five lessons for the third and fourth grades I focused on it lasts for about 27 weeks.  Each day takes about 10-30 minutes I think we took 15-20 minutes.  You can also just go at your own pace.  I really liked that the company was there for me if I had any questions or concerns which I actually didn't.  I would recommend it to my friends if they want a nice, easy, and affordable approach to Spanish.

The teacher book costs $64.95 for grades 3-8
and only $39.95 for just two grades like the 3-4 one.
Extra books are $12.95 each
There are teacher lesson plans you can buy the Estaciones one is coming soon but Feistas is already up and the cost from $14.95 to $12.95 and are only needed for classroom use.


You can purchase this and other products from Spanish for You! here.

Read other reviews from The Review Crew here





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know that your here :)